John R. “Rob” Hill represents clients in divorce and post-decree divorce proceedings as well as child support and child custody hearings. He drafts pre-nuptial agreements and handles appeals. He represents clients with cash flow, spousal maintenance and child support issues, and specializes in complex financial issues in divorce cases, including closely held businesses, executive compensation, non-marital property, intellectual property and retirement benefits. Rob has represented numerous parents in contested child custody matters, including parenting time issues and grandparent visitation disputes involving allegations of abuse and neglect. Responsive and understanding, Rob seeks resolutions that are efficient and amicable, but he is also fully prepared to address issues in a courtroom setting if a settlement cannot be reached.
- Rob successfully represented a father against a competing claim by a grandmother for custody of a toddler.
- As a Financial Early Neutral Evaluation advisor, Rob advises clients on how to reach agreements in the early stages of a divorce.
- Rob is involved in high-conflict custody cases with allegations of abuse or parental alienation. He draws in resources from child-focused specialists, such as therapists, social workers, and psychologists to look after the best interests of the children.
- Working with financial experts and accountants, Rob represents business owners – as well as spouses of business owners – to ensure that assets are appropriately valued.
- Rob has been involved in farm divorces involving myriad parcels of real estate, tax issues, gifting, and inheritances.
- As a mediator, Rob brings parties together to reach acceptable solutions to permit each person to move on with his/her life and avoid the necessity of litigation and uncertainty.
- Rob regularly is involved with complex spousal maintenance cases—whether on behalf of the paying spouse or the receiving spouse.
View All Related Experience
Professional Associations & Memberships