Andrew Carlson is a government relations specialist who has dedicated his career to serving the residents of Minnesota. While outstanding public service has been a defining characteristic of his career, Andrew applies this same dedication and service to help clients achieve their goals. He is a skillful communicator who values fostering relationships.
Prior to joining Larkin Hoffman, Andrew worked for the City of Minneapolis as a Project Manager, served as a City of Bloomington Council member, and was elected as a three-term State Representative. During his time in the public sector, Andrew acquired considerable knowledge relating to government operations, land use, and economic development.
- Economic Development Finance Professional, National Development Council
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation, Emerging Leaders Program
- University of Minnesota Humphrey School of Public Affairs, Policy Fellowship
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN; Master of Business Administration
- Iowa State University, Ames, IA; B.S., Community and Regional Planning
- Three-term Legislator in the Minnesota House of Representatives. Committee assignments included Chair of the Property Tax Division, Vice Chair of State Government Finance and Elections, Judiciary Finance and Civil Law, Taxes, and Commerce Finance and Policy. Appointed as Speaker Pro Tem for the 2021-2022 biennium.
- Twice elected to Bloomington City Council. Served as the Council appointed member to the Bloomington Housing and Redevelopment Authority and the Highway 169 Corridor Coalition.