- Gregory S. Otsuka
Greg focuses his practice on bankruptcy and restructuring and business litigation. Greg has represented debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, and other interested parties in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and other bankruptcy litigation. He also has significant experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes, non-bankruptcy matters involving a wide variety of commercial disputes, including fiduciary duties, antitrust, breach of contract, class actions, defamation, and products liability.
Greg previously practiced for 15 years in the Chicago offices of multinational law firms. During that time, he also successfully represented pro bono clients in criminal, immigration, and other matters.
- Represented small businesses as debtors in “Subchapter V” Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented public and private corporations in various industries, including manufacturing, hospitality, and construction development, as debtors in Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented agent for secured lenders in involuntary Chapter 7 case.
- Defended debtor’s principals in fraudulent transfer suit to recover over $100 million.
- Represented professional services firm in numerous matters in bankruptcy courts across the country.
- Represented the FDIC in a dispute with a bank holding company over $267 million in tax refunds.
- Conducted internal investigations to assess potential claims against insiders of debtors in transportation, retail industries.
- Represented farm equipment dealer and farm owners in multiple lawsuits involving claims and counterclaims for breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, and tortious interference.
- Represented parties in class actions involving crop loss caused by a gas pipeline, security data breaches, and antitrust.
- Represented insurance company in cases involving claims of “bad faith” and coverage disputes.
- Represented defendant in defamation claim based on statements in an online review.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in products liability lawsuits.
- Represented credit reporting agency in FCRA and class action lawsuits.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, Member Representative
- Northwestern University School of Law; J.D., 1999
- University of Illinois; B.S., cum laude, 1996