Mr. Sander works closely with Minnesota and national suppliers and contractors, consulting and advising on contract, construction law and construction defect issues and a particular emphasis on mechanics lien and surety bond law in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota.
- Prepared, recorded and enforced hundreds of mechanics lien and surety bond claims for construction industry clients in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota Over a period of 40 years.
- Has taken multiple mechanic’s lien cases from consultation to lien recording through mediation, trial and Sheriff’s foreclosure sale.
- Counsel for lien claimant in the trial and appeal of a mechanics lien priority dispute in NewMech Companies Inc vs Grove Hospitality LLC et.al in the Minnesota Court of Appeals, A11-1346 (2012).
- Counsel for bond claimant in payment surety bond case; Victor Osfar d/b/a Efficient Exteriors v Old Republic Surety Company Energy in the Minnesota Court of Appeals. C4-96-16 (1996).
- Consulting expert for Plaintiff in Ryan Contracting Co v O’Neill & Murphy, 883 N.W. 2d 236 (Minn. 2016).
- Trained and experienced as a neutral mediator and arbitrator as well as representing clients in mediation and arbitration.
- Past Board Member and Chair of the Construction Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
- Speaker to Minnesota Continuing Legal Education seminars on multiple occasions on topics of mechanics lien law and alternative remedies for the construction industry.
- Speaker for National Business Institute, Lorman Education Services, Sterling Education Services and other continuing education providers on multiple occasions on construction law, liens, and surety bond topics.
- Speaker to industry organizations including Associated General Contractors of Minnesota, Minnesota Underground Contractors Association, Minnesota Mechanical Contractors Association, Builders Association of the Twin Cities, Rochester Area Builders Association, National Association of Credit Management on a variety of construction law topics including Minnesota mechanics lien law.