Katherine A. Herman represents business organizations, business owners, and private clients facing a broad range of complex litigation and business disputes. She advises clients looking to find the most effective and efficient solutions, whether that be inside or outside the courtroom.
Prior to joining Larkin Hoffman, Katherine worked as an associate attorney at a law firm in the Twin Cities, where her practice emphasized commercial litigation, general litigation, business law, appeals, and employment law. While in law school, Katherine served as a judicial clerk extern for the Honorable Nicole J. Starr in Minnesota’s Second Judicial District. During her clerkship, Katherine gained invaluable experience participating in jury selection, hearings, sentencings, jury trials, and drafted legal memoranda and orders for consideration.
- Obtained a $200,000 default for breach of a commercial lease.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment on a claim for breach of contract for deed which was affirmed by the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment regarding claims arising from Minnesota’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act and obtained permanent injunction to prevent future attempts to divert client’s business.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment defeating claims of trespass, civil theft, conversion, and deceptive trade practices.
- Obtained a reversal of a harassment restraining order on appeal to the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- Minnesota, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota, 2019
- Pro Se Project Volunteer for the Federal Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney at WomenVenture
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, St. Paul, MN; 2019, J.D.
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI; 2016, B.A.
- The Best Lawyers in America-Ones to Watch© – Commercial Litigation, 2022