Lizzi J. Kampf advises clients in a broad range of healthcare and nonprofit related matters including assisting providers with regulatory issues and responding to licensed provider concerns. Lizzi leverages her experience as a licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) in her practice representing providers, clinicians, and non-profit organizations.
Prior to practicing law, Lizzi worked in the medical field in both hospital and clinic settings and has experience in conflict resolution and crisis management. Her previous experience has provided Lizzi a unique understanding of the challenges faced by providers in the industry. Representative Experience
- Assist providers with regulatory issues including Anti-kickback Statute (AKS), Stark Law and Physician Self-Referral issues, the No Surprises Act
- Advise providers responding to inquiries and investigations, including matters regarding over-payment and reimbursement, DHS disqualification, Minnesota Health Records Act (MHRA) and HIPAA violations.
- Draft policies, procedures and staff training related to mandated reporting, adult and child protection matters, including concerns regarding what constitutes a mandated report, responding to crisis situations, and advising clients on crisis de-escalation.
- Represent aesthetic medicine providers, including advising on hydration and IV services, Botox and other neuromodulators, fillers, laser services, and associated regulatory issues.
- Licensing issues and scope of practice concerns.
- Formation of nonprofit entities, including Minnesota Nonprofit Corporation Law 317A
- IRS application for exempt status for 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and other organizations
- Advise clients regarding unrelated business income (UBI), taxation issues
Social Workers and Mental Health Professionals
- Development of mental health and substance abuse practices for licensed mental health providers, including LICSW, LADC, LMFT, LP.
- Assist with issues before licensing boards
- Children’s Law Center - Pro Bono Attorney
- American Red Cross, Minneapolis, MN - Disaster Mental Health Volunteer
- Volunteer Lawyer’s Network- Pro Bono Attorney
- Pet Haven, Inc., Minneapolis, MN - Volunteer Foster Provider, Foster Care Coordinator
- No Dog Left Behind, Brooklyn Center, MN – Volunteer Foster Provider