- Margaret Vesel
Margaret Vesel brings more than two decades of government, civic and political experience to Larkin Hoffman’s government relations team. In her role as government relations director, Margaret develops and implements successful government affairs solutions for her clients. She is a registered lobbyist who establishes strategy, drafts legislation, communicates clients’ positions to key decision makers, prepares testimony and monitors legislative proceedings.
Margaret represents clients in a broad range of issues including education, health care, public safety, capital investments, agriculture, regulated industries, transportation, tax, environmental, economic development, licensing, procurement and other critical issues which affect organizations across the state. Margaret also has experience in grassroots and grassroots organizing, coalition building, association management and issue management.
Margaret manages legislative initiatives for a comprehensive range of clients including:
- Professional sports teams
- Public pension funds
- National trade associations
- State business and professional associations
- Large metropolitan counties
- State labor organizations
- Joint powers entities
- American automobile manufacturers
- Agricultural processors
- Technology and financial institutions
- Timberland investment management organizations
- Major American airlines
Before joining Larkin Hoffman, Margaret worked in a similar role at another Twin Cities law firm. Prior to that, she served as a senior policy advisor to Governor Tim Pawlenty for nearly four years covering issues such as education, military and veterans affairs, capital investment and the criminal justice system. Before working at the governor’s office, Margaret worked within the Pawlenty Administration as director of government relations for both the Minnesota Department of Public Safety and the Minnesota Department of Education.
In addition to her work in the executive branch, Margaret worked for the Minnesota Business Partnership and the Minnesota Bankers Association, representing business interests at the capitol. She began her career in politics working at the Minnesota Legislature where she worked for the Minnesota House Republican Caucus as staff to the Minority Caucus Leadership.
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN; B.A. Social Science, Local and Urban Affairs
- Minnesota Army National Guard’s Outstanding Civilian Service Medal, 2008
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's “Top Forty Under Forty,” 2007
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota Government Relations Council, Board Member
- White Bear Lake Junior Olympic Volleyball, Board Member
- Larkin Hoffman's Government Relations Team Releases Guide to Federal Funding for Nonprofits and Government Entities
- Still No Deal after Second Special Session; Legislature Looks Towards August Primary
- A Summer of Special Sessions: Is July’s Special Session the Last Chance for a Deal on Bonding, COVID-19 Relief & Police Reform?