Thomas F. Alexander represents buyers and sellers in commercial real estate transactions, lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions, and tenants and landlords in leasing transactions. Tom also has extensive experience in construction contracting and in creating common interest communities (i.e. condominiums and planned communities) in Minnesota.
Represented a national home builder in connection with its purchase and development of residential communities in the State of Minnesota.
Created master associations and homeowner’s associations both within the Minnesota Common Internet Ownership Act and outside of the Act for a national home builder.
Guided a purchaser through a complicated purchase of two (2) separate properties (office buildings) from a single purchaser, in which Tom had to navigate several title and survey issues through closing.
Assisted a client in the negotiation of a large warehouse lease with Amazon and its construction plans for the client’s property.
Arranged sale of multiple veterinary clinics/hospitals to an investor/operator group.
Served as lender’s counsel for Minnesota lenders in real estate secured loan transactions involving hotel, manufacturer and private college borrowers.
Assisting a residential developer in developing a 60 unit condominium and retail development in downtown Minneapolis.
Assisted a residential developer in developing a 4-unit luxury condominium project in Minneapolis.
Coordinated a complicated sale of a manufacturing/expositing client with multiple owned and leased locations in two states.
Arranged multiple leasing and construction transactions for a medical device manufacturer.
Assisted a townhome association in cleaning up its declaration and various board actions taken thereunder.
View All Related Experience
- Minnesota, 1994
- North Dakota, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association Board Certified Real Property Specialist
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1994 J.D.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN, 1987 B.A. Financial Economics
- Co-Teacher, Construction Contracts, Construction Management Program, Dunwoody Technical College
Professional Associations & Memberships
- International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate (AECRE), Past Board Member, Past Chairman of the Board
- Savage Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Member
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, Inc., Past Board Member