Yvonne H. Sewall focuses her practice across a variety of corporate and business transactions including matters involving commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, licensing, and international trade compliance. Yvonne has handled client business areas including medical devices, e-commerce, startup incubators, exporters and importers.
Prior to becoming a lawyer in the United States, Yvonne practiced law in China assisting clients in trademark infringement, international trade compliance, arbitration, corporate governance, and commercial transactions. She also counseled her commercial clients on contracts, customs, import and export controls, free-trade zone regulations, private and public financing, as well as due diligence for acquisitions an foreign direct investment.
Areas of Law
- Corporate and Finance
- International Corporate Transactions and Compliance
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property and Anti-Counterfeiting
- China Practice
- William Mitchell College of Law, Saint Paul, MN; JD
- William Mitchell College of Law, Saint Paul, MN; Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PRC; Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Mandarin (native)
- Cantonese (fluent)
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate Lawyer, Wright Medical Technology, Inc.
- Law Clerk, Hamre Schumann, Mueller & Larson, P.C.
- Corporate Counsel, Boffo Group, Inc., Hangzhou, China
- Associate Attorney, Unitalen, Shanghai, China
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National China Attorney Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association