Alison W. Jarzyna focuses her practice on developing trademark prosecution and enforcement strategies for the United States and abroad, as well as matters relating to trademark dilution, trade dress, copyright protection and enforcement, technology, intellectual property licensing, and domain names. Alison advises her clients on each step of the trademark process including conducting trademark clearance searches and registrability opinions, trademark prosecution, and maintenance.
Alison’s practice includes developing strategies for protecting her client’s valuable trademark rights from infringers. Alison advises clients about threats to their rights and develops enforcement approaches that include sending cease and desist letters, negotiating coexistence or settlements, and litigating administrative proceedings. Alison has extensive experience in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) including cancellations and oppositions. Alison has also been successful in handling clients’ domain name disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”).
Alison uses her experience to provide counsel to her clients at each stage of the trademark process, from advising large multinational corporations about enforcement strategy, to aiding small, local organizations preparing to file their first trademark applications.
Alison is also an active volunteer and has provided trademark prosecution and enforcement for non-profit organizations as well as assistance in U.S. immigration asylum claims.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law Intellectual Property Institute, Junior Board Member
- Minnesota Opera, Tempo Board of Directors
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., 2016),
- Summa cum laude
- Hamline Law Review, Associate Editor
- Willem C. Vis Arbitration Moot Court Participant
- CALI Excellence Award Recipient for Contracts, Copyright Law, and Arbitration
- University of Leicester (MA in Museum Studies, 2013), Diploma with merit
- University of Wisconsin (MA in Communication Arts: Film Studies, 2011)
- Carleton College (BA in Cinema and Media Studies, 2008)
- Magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, 2024
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2017-2020